Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New and exciting developments

In the past week, Zoe has had many exciting milestones. She began to go six hours between feedings at night, which means Mommy gets more sleep. Yay!!!! She also has continued to work very hard at getting her fist in her mouth. Here is her first video debut. Not too exciting, but it highlights many of her abilities so far: flailing arms, hiccups, and yawning. :) You can also get a peek at her new bathtub in the background. This was a week and a half ago. Hopefully, I can get a more current video up soon. She's already grown up a lot! (Sorry for the graininess of the video. It lets me upload a max of 100MB . The video was 112MB, so I tried a different format. Now it's around 20MB. Let me know if you have tips for doing it some other way. I'm fairly new to all of this.)



She is working on other things right now like...

Zoning out



















More zoning out















Laughing at Uncle Tim's funny faces



















Lots of practice smiling and being generally cuteFor her final amazing achievement this week, Zoe finally found her thumb! She had been crying in her crib and unexpectedly quieted down. When I went to check on her, this was what I found.


She's been trying to repeat the feat since then, but hasn't had much success. She is more determined than ever.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Wow, it's like I won the lottery of Zoe pictures! I LOVE seeing my little niece--she's so adorable!! The video is great. I think I caught a glimpse of Jennifer in there. Has anyone else said that? I love her zoning out look--very chilled :) And I hope, for everyone's sake, that she continues her endeavors in thumb-sucking. It's neat to see her using the bouncy seat (which was a gift from the Petrones and the Paysnoes) and the plaid burp cloth (which was a gift from the Rawlines). Keep up the blog. I really love it!

GrammaE said...

I love all the pictures and the video. And hurray for finding the thumb! In spite of what some people say about thumb-sucking, I found that all of my kids were much less fussy once they found their thumb. I'm so glad you're getting more sleep. That goes a long way toward really enjoying your precious baby!