Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A little bit of progress

Here I am, up late again, but I think it's getting better. Two nights ago I got into bed a little before 5am, yesterday 2:30am, and tonight I'm aiming for 1:00am. My main goal has been to keep Zoe asleep for at least some of the night hours. I think it's been working. She has been staying awake much more during the day. She still cries for hours after I put her down though. Tomorrow night a kind friend is going to stay over and do one night feeding. Yay!!

In other Zoe news...she has been realizing that she has some control over her arms and hands (a very little). She has been spending a lot of time trying to get her hand in her mouth. At least that's what we think she's doing. She opens her mouth and throws her arm around in the general direction of her face. We're hoping she doesn't poke her eye in the attempt.

We are enjoying her smiles and cooing. She is getting more personality every day.

I've set the blog up to email a few of you when we publish a post. I will probably discontinue that after a few posts. I just wanted to let you know that we are actually posting now. If you want the notification every time we publish, let me know and I'll keep your email in the settings. I can only notify 10 people through Blogger, so it's only going out to family right now, but feel free to share the blog with other friends and family that know us.

1 comment:

GrammaE said...

Every bit of progress is good! It's so hard going through it, but she really will grow out of all the frustrating "baby things." I'm sure it's hard for her, too, not being able to communicate except by crying. She'll be really talking before too long! :-)