Shortly after posting the last blog entry, Zoe showed us that she could indeed put her feet in her mouth. She can't do it on her back, but the bouncer gives her back enough of a curve up to make it quite possible.
Zoe has many expressions that we love. Even though we wish she could always be happy, she makes a certain face with a deep pout that makes us smile every time. This is the closest that we have come to capturing it on camera. The full pout actually goes much deeper. She makes this face just before bursting into tears, mainly when she's tired and not sure what is going on. This has also been known to happen when Tim or Jesse startle her or even sometimes when they make strange faces at her. :) So far it has never happened to me.
Yesterday we had some very exciting developments that helped prompt this new post. Zoe is SO close to rolling over. She's been hanging out on her side a lot for the past few weeks, but yesterday she started nearly rolling over. We've helped her along a few times since these videos, but she still hasn't done it on her own yet. We're expecting it to happen any day. (I used to think it was a little funny that parents got so excited about all of these little developments, but now that we are new parents I completely understand.)
Here is a peaceful picture to close out this post.

3 comments:
Love that "pitiful pout"! She's so expressive! I seems that the major hurdle in rolling over is the arm that just won't get out of the way. Once she figures it out, she'll be a real pro! What a cutie!
(I posted this comment a second ago, but I realized it showed up under Henk's name ...and it just doesn't quite sound like Henk :-)
I love the pouty expression--it's so genuine (and I know exactly how she feels!) And the video where's she's trying to roll over in the bouncer is so neat--she's so into it. And, of course, the picture at the end is too precious (like I just commented on facebook!) I can't wait to meet this little girl!
Post a Comment