Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lots of visitors and games

It's been way too long since our last blog entry. Zoe has already passed the three month mark! We've gone through all the photos and videos and picked out a bunch that highlight what's been going on. We'll probably post again in a couple of days.

There have been so many exciting developments in the last few weeks. Zoe has been sleeping 8.5+ hours per night for almost a month now. She is an expert at finding her thumb. Her strategy is very amusing. I'll see if I can get a video of it soon.

We've been having lots of visitors lately. First...we had a visit from Aunt Laura!!! Yay! We had a fun time. Zoe even let us play a bunch of games without her. We've also had visits from both sets of grandparents, but we don't have any pictures to show for it right now. :(







Also, Jesse has been playing a new game with Zoe where he pretends to sneeze. Zoe loves it. :) Except for the one time where it made her cry. :(



She already knows when the camera is around. She always stops what she's doing. So we're working on catching her when she doesn't know it's there. In this video, I tried to have the camera off to the side, but she still noticed it. Watch her eyes keep darting to the side.




We have several other videos of Zoe on her playmat, but we'll save those for next time. We recently unpacked the playmat from our treasure trove of things that Cousin Erik left us. She's progressed from barely noticing Mr. Giraffe and Mr. Elephant hanging above her to actively trying to get Mr. Giraffe's feet in her mouth. She also loves looking at herself in the mirror. (Tummy time is still quite a struggle. She'll barely stay on her tummy for more than a minute or two without becoming very fussy.)

She's fallen asleep on the floor several times now when we leave her to play.


5 comments:

Tamara said...

It's like a treasure trove of Zoe :) I'm really impressed that she falls asleep on the mat! I love the little blink when daddy sneezes--so cute! And I also like all the cute Zoe-aunty Laura pictures. Can't wait to see more. Love you guys!

Tamara said...

Oh, and I have a nice suggestion for you--go to lilypie.com and get an age ticker for Zoe at the top of your blog. It's so fun to know exactly how old she is (and the graphics you can choose are pretty cute :)

GrammaE said...

Such an adorable baby girl! Thanks for posting videos as well as the pictures. We love you all!

David said...

Ah, it's nice to have a cute niece to complement my nephew. I'd be interested to see what happens when they finally meet one another.

Glad to hear that she's sleeping longer and is getting more proficient at finding her thumb. I'm sure she's even more lovable than before now that you can get a full night's sleep on a regular basis. =p

Tamara said...

Happy 3-month-3-week-3-day day! (love the cute lily pie ticker...as well as the cute cutie pie :)